Rolls-Royce is the most luxurious brand we know. They are the world’s best jet engines. There are some things you might not know about Rolls-Royce.
1. The bonnet ornament is called “The spirit of ecstasy”. It is a result of an afair. It is modeled by a woman named Eleanor Thornton who had a long afair with a man at the forefront of early car culture. He was extrermly rich and wanted to give some kind of recognition to his love and “The spirit of ecstasy” is the result.
2. Just “the spirit of ecstasy” is worth 40 million dollars. In 20202 BMW paid exact that amount of money to the Volkswagen only to have the right to use the ornament. Today you can have it personalized and made of gold or cristall. It can also be lowered into the hood of the car.
3. The initial engineering sketches of the engine were made on the beach by Henry Royce. He was walking on the beach with some of his engineers when thi idea came into his mind. He quickly made the sketches.
4. Rolls-Royce was first created to compete with trains and horses and only later it became a mean of transport.
5. There is not a known picture of Rolls and Royce together.
6. The RR letters on the wheels are always in an upward position.
7. Hong Kong has the most Rolls-Royces per capita in the world. They are an admired status symbol of Hong Kong’s wealthy people.
8. The most expensive Rolls-Royce in the world costs 8.5 million dollars.
9. You will never find a cigarette end in a modern Rolls-Royces. They have a custom system in place that clean the ashtray automatically.
10. The oldest Rolls-Royce dates back in 1904. It is still on the road and it is owned by Thomas love jr of Scotland.
11. It takes 6 months to build a Rolls-Royce. In order to compare it think that for building Toyota only 13 hours are spent.
12. Rolls-Royce has a secret umbrella compartment inside the doors. You get also an umbrella inside of it!